Post-graduate Fellowships@VISpro Lab
Deadline: 5th July 2017
Vision Processing (VISpro) Lab at ITU is currently seeking talented and motivated post-graduate scholars for its various research tracks related to the domains of :
- Energy Efficient Architectures for Machine Learning
- Energy Efficient Memory Architectures for DNNs
- Approximate Computing - Making it a reality
- Architectures for Self Driving Cars & ADAS systems
These research fellowships are provided by ITU at MS and PhD level. The successful research fellows shall carry out theoretical and applied research in these areas of emerging digital design paradigms with the aim of optimizing computational and energy costs. These positions are ideally suited to those who have research interest in the areas of: Neural Networks, Computer Architecture, Image Processing, Computer Vision and FPGA based Digital System Design.
The selected research fellows shall be required to perform high quality research and propose innovative solutions to make these emerging compute paradigms a reality for the community. You shall also be contributing actively to the research community by developing Open Source libraries (Further details later). In particularly we shall be targeting top notch publication venues related to CAD, Image & Vision processing. A few of you shall also become part of research-proposal writing process and shall have an early flavor of technical project planning and management. So, apply NOW!!!
This research is in direct collaboration with our European collaborators and may involve research visits to the collaborating foreign universities.
For information about VISpro lab: http://vispro.itu.edu.pk
How to apply:
- Shortlisted candidates who will clear the ITU admission test/interview shall be contacted by the VISpro lab afterwards
- A PhD candidate must have cleared his MS "with thesis" to be eligible for PhD admissions at ITU
- These fellowships are FULL TIME