Shafique, M., Hasan, O., Hafiz, R., Mazahir, S., Hanif, M. A., & Rehman, S. Approximate Computing across the Hardware and Software Stacks.
Hanif, M. A., Hafiz, R., Javed, M. U., Rehman, S., & Shafique, M. (2019). Energy-Efficient Design of Advanced Machine Learning Hardware. In Machine Learning in VLSI Computer-Aided Design (pp. 647-678). Springer, Cham.
Hanif, M. A., Marchisio, A., Arif, T., Hafiz, R., Rehman, S., & Shafique, M. (2018). X-DNNs: Systematic Cross-Layer Approximations for Energy-Efficient Deep Neural Networks. Journal of Low Power Electronics, 14(4), 520-534.
Ahmad, H., Tanvir, M., Abdullah, M., Javed, M. U., Hafiz, R., & Shafique, M. (2018). Systimator: A Design Space Exploration Methodology for Systolic Array based CNNs Acceleration on the FPGA-based Edge Nodes. arXiv preprint arXiv:1901.04986.
Javed, R. H., Siddique, A., Hafiz, R., Hasan, O., & Shafique, M. (2018, December). ApproxCT: Approximate Clustering Techniques for Energy Efficient Computer Vision in Cyber-Physical Systems. In 2018 12th International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST) (pp. 64-70). IEEE.
- HEC Research Grant: Title: "An advance coding scheme for wireless Communication in an unknown environment", PI: Dr. Ali Ahmed, Co-PI Dr. Rehan Hafiz, worth 2.88 MILL PKR.
- Book Chapter: MA Hanif, R. Hafiz, MU Javed, S. Rehman, and M. Shafique, Chapter Title: "Energy-Efficient Architectures and Design Methods for Advanced Machine Learning ", Book Title: "Machine Learning in VLSI CAD". The book shall be published by Springer. The editors are from MIT, Masdar & Duke University.
- Journal: S. Mazahir, O. Hassan, R.Hafiz, M. Shafique, "Probabilistic Error Analysis of Approximate Recursive Multipliers", in IEEE Transactions on Computers (IEEE-TC), -accepted May 2017. DOI: 10.1109/TC.2017.2709542, IF: 2.916
- M.Shafique, R.Hafiz, M. U. Javed, S. Abbas, L.Sekanina, Z.Vasicek, V.Mrazek, "Adaptive and Energy-Efficient Architectures for Machine Learning: Challenges, Opportunities, and Research Roadmap", IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI 2017).
- M. A. Hanif, R. Hafiz, O. Hasan and M. Shafique, “QuAd: Design and Analysis of Quality-Area Optimal Low-Latency Approximate Adders”, Design Automation Conference (DAC-2017), Austin, TX, USA, To Appear.
Paper received HiPEAC 2017 Award
- El-Harouni, Walaa, et al. "Embracing approximate computing for energy-efficient motion estimation in high efficiency video coding." 2017 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE). IEEE, 2017.
- Mazahir, Sana, et al. "Probabilistic error modeling for approximate adders." IEEE Transactions on Computers 66.3 (2017): 515-530.
- S. Mazahir, O. Hasan, R. Hafiz, M. Shafique, J. Henkel, An area-efficient consolidated configurable error correction for approximate hardware accelerators. ACM/EDAC/IEEE 5rd Design Automation Conference (DAC),DAC 2016: 96
- M. Shafique, R. Hafiz, S. Rehman, W. El-Harouni, J. Henkel, Invited - Cross-layer approximate computing: from logic to architectures. ACM/EDAC/IEEE 5rd Design Automation Conference (DAC),DAC 2016: 99
- S. Mussadiq, R. Hafiz, M. Abdullah , Confined Projection on Selected Sub-surface using a Robust Binary Coded Pattern for Pico Projectors (Springer Multimedia, 2015)
- S. Saeed, R. Hafiz, A. Rasul, M. M. Khan, Y. Cho, U. Park, J. Cha, “A unified panoramic stitching and multi-projector rendering scheme for immersive panoramic displays” (Elsevier Displays, Accepted 2015)
- K. Babar, R. Hafiz, K. Khurshid, et.al. A Scalable Architecture for Geometric Correction of Multi-Projector Display Systems, Elsevier Displays , (June 2015)
- U. Kakli, H.S. Qureshi, M. M. Khan, R. Hafiz, Y. Cho, P. Unsang, Quality Assessment of Images Projected using Multiple Projectors, KSII Transaction (May 2015)
- M. T. Ibrahim, R. Hafiz, M. M. Khan,Y. Cho,J. Cha, Automatic selection of colour reference image for panoramic stitching, Springer Multimedia Journal, ISSN 0942-4962, (May 2015)
- A. Hamza, Hafiz, M. M. Khan, Y. Cho, J. Cha, Stabilization of panoramic videos from mobile multi-camera platforms, Elsevier Image and Vision Computing, Volume 37, (May 2015), Pages 20-30, ISSN 0262-8856
- M. Shafique, W. Ahmad, R. Hafiz, J. Henkel, A low latency Generic Accuracy Configurable Adder in ACM/EDAC/IEEE 52nd Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, CA, USA, June 8-12, (2015)
- S. Shoaib, R. Hafiz, M. Shafique. "Hardware/Software Co-design of Embedded Real-Time KD-Tree Based Feature Matching Systems. ( ISVC 2014, USA)
- A. Ahmad, A. Kamboh, R. Hafiz, "Power & Throughput Optimized Lifting Architecture for Wavelet Packet Transform", IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems ISCAS 2014 (June 2014, Melbourne)
- A. Ahmed, R. Hafiz, M. M. Khan, Y. Cho, J. Cha. "Geometric Correction for Uneven Quadric Projection Surfaces Using Recursive Subdivision of Bézier Patches." ETRI Journal 35, no. 6 (2013).
- R. Bilal, R. Hafiz, M. Shafique, S. Shoaib, A. Munawar, and Jorg Henkel. "ISOMER: Integrated selection, partitioning, and placement methodology for reconfigurable architectures." In Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), 2013 IEEE/ACM International Conference on, pp. 755-762.
- S. Mussadiq and R. Hafiz, “Projection on Suitable Sub-Surface Selected in Indoor Environment", Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC 2013), Crete Greece.
- H. Qureshi, H. S., M. M. Khan, R. Hafiz, Y. Cho, and J. Cha. "Quantitative quality assessment of stitched panoramic images." IET Image Processing 6, no. 9 (2012): 1348-1358
- M. T. Ibrahim, R. Hafiz, M. M. Khan, Y. Cho,J. Cha, "Automatic Reference Selection for Parametric Color Correction Schemes for Panoramic Video Stitching", Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC 2012), pp. 492-501, 2012, Crete Greece.
- H. Qureshi, M. Khan, S. M. Aser, R. Hafiz, Association of pre-pregnancy weight and weight gain with perinatal mortality, ACM FIT, 2010
- R. Hafiz, and K. B. Ozanyan. "Optical absorption measurements in particle-containing ambients using gated ratiometric detection." Sensors Journal, IEEE 8, no. 8 (2008): 1437-1444.
- R. Hafiz and K. B. Ozanyan, "Digitally balanced detection for optical tomography." Review of Scientific Instruments 78, no. 10 (2007): 103101-103101.
- R. Hafiz and K. B. Ozanyan, “Digital Balanced Detection for Fast Optical CT in Fluidised Beds”. World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography (2007)
- R. Hafiz and K. B. Ozanyan, "Digital Balanced Detection for Fast Optical Computerized Tomography," Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 6371 (2006)
- R. Hafiz and K. B. Ozanyan, “Digital Alternatives to Analogue Balanced Detection for Optical Tomography”. Proceedings of Institute of Physics, Photon06, Manchester, (2006)
- R. Hafiz and K. B. Ozanyan, Balanced Detection Schemes for Multi-channel Sensing. Photonics North West. Manchester , 2006
- R. Hafiz, A. Tahir et al., “An optimized hardware accelerator for Real Time Registration of Aerial Video Imagery and its applications.” ICIG 2004. Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Image and Graphics , Hong Kong , December 18-20 (2004)
- A. Khalid, A. Bhatti, R. Hafiz, A low complexity high resolution time-stepped stochastic ground combat model based on Monte-Carlo Simulation. Proceedings of 7th IEEE International Multi-Topic Conference (INMIC 2003), Serena Hotel Islamabad, Pakistan. December 8-9 (2003)